Monday, September 21, 2009

Tubing it up

I jotted this down last week for my first assignment in Economic Geography. We have to make a YouTube video about how we define economy. When it's up on YouTube, I'll make note of that here. In the meantime, here's a script:

What is Economy? In the broadest sense, economy is the sum of human activity: it is how we get things done. Often economy is used as referring to trade, cash, capitalist economy, or even capitalist globalization. However, it also includes cottage industries, barter, gift economies, volunteer work and service, the work of clubs and religious groups, intentional communities, and that basic and ancient unit of family work.

Now let's see how long it takes me to actually speak that and if I can keep myself from saying "um" and "and" too much.

1 comment:

  1. Uh, so that took 35 seconds... I think I need to write some more....

    ReplyDelete